Friday, August 1, 2008

Frontrunner

On our way to Salt Lake
A little cool down from the Gateway fountain
Mmm...ice cream

Wednesday Cameron, Talmadge and I took the frontrunner down to Salt Lake. We were even lucky enough to have the company of Cameron's Grandma Sommers. It was so much fun. Talmadge loved riding in the big train! When we got to Salt Lake we went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to watch the movie about Joseph Smith. We all hadn't seen it before so we thought it would be fun. Mid way through the movie Talmadge started to cry really hard and was being a bit loud so Cameron took him out so he could play outside. I don't know if he was sad, bored or just tired but that was a first. The movie was really good and made me cry. I couldn't believe that I was getting emotional within the first couple of minutes of the movie. It must be the pregnancy! After the movie we went to the the Garden for lunch. I really like going to that place. The food is always good and the atmosphere is so beautiful since you can look out over Salt Lake. At the Garden we decided the day was still young so we should do something else. Since Cameron's grandma hasn't been to the Gateway since it was first opened we decided to go there. It was fun but really hot. Cameron took Talmadge to the fountain and they got a bit wet. We walked from one end of the mall to the other. When we got to the food court Grandma needed a drink so we stopped and we got ice cream while Grandma had a cool drink. Afterwards we were all pretty much tired so we headed home. Talmadge fell asleep on the way home on the train. He had a big day!

3 comments:

Betty's Reflections said...

The Gateway must be a mall. Where is it located? The big ride sounds so fun. I am glad Grandma Sommers got to be part of the festivities. Sounds like you all had a good time.

Love Boop

Betty's Reflections said...

Oops I meant the big TRAIN ride sounds so fun.

Love Boop

Valeria said...

since when there is a train to SLC!